At Uplands Infant School we are committed to supporting the good mental health and well-being of our children, our families and our staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play. We want all of our children and staff to be more resilient, more focused, less stressed, more open and able to cope with life’s pressures together.
At our school we aim to:
- Help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- Help children to feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- Help children to form and maintain positive pro-social relationships
- Promote self-esteem and ensure children know that they count
- Encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- Help children to be persistent even when faced with challenges
- Help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
- Help children to develop a growth mind-set
We offer different levels of support:
- Universal Support- to meet the needs of all of our pupils through our overall ethos and wider curriculum
- Additional support- for those who may have short term needs and those who may have been made vulnerable by a life experience
- Targeted support- for pupils who require more differentiated support and resources or specific targeted interventions such a s well-being groups or referral to wider professionals.